- IEEE Standard for synchrophasors for power systems C37.118.
- Edmund O.Schweitzer III, “Synchrophasorbased power system protection and control applications”, Conference for protective relay engineers, Texas 2010.
- Yi Hu et al., “Requirements of Large-scale Wide-Area Monitoring, Protection and Control Systems”
- Devesh Dua et al. “Optimal multi-stage scheduling of PMU placement: An ILP approach”, IEEE transactions on power delivery, vol 23 no.4 October 2008.
- Rahul H. Shewale et al., “Optimal Placement of Phasor Measurement Unit for Power System Observability by Heuristic Search Method”, International Journal of Advanced Technology and Engineering Research.
- A.G.Phadke and J.S.Thorpe, “Synchronized phasor measurements and their applications”, Springer.
- Jean-Claude Maun et al. “From the measurement of synchrophasors to the identification of inter-area oscillations in power transmission systems”, Thesis submitted.
- Jian Xiao et al., “Wide area protection and its applications – a bibliographical survey.”  Srinu Babu. Matta et al., “Out-of-Step Using Wide Area Measurements”, Cigre 2013.
- V. centeno et al. “An Adaptive Out-ofStep Relay”, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol.12, No.1, January 1997.
- Normann Fischer et al., “Tutorial on Power Swing Blocking and Out-of-Step Tripping”, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Inc.
- Seethalekshmi K. et al, “Wide-Area Protection and Control: Present Status and Key Challenges”, National Power Systems Conference (NPSC), IIT Bombay, 2008.
- Demetrios A. Tziouvaras, “Out-of-Step Fundamentals and Advancements”, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Inc.
- D. Novosel et al. “Performance of relaying during wide area stressed condition” IEEE PSRC WG C12.
- Edmund O. Schweitzer III et al. “Synchrophasor Based Power System Protection and Control Applications”, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Inc.
- Alex Apostolov et al. “Wide Area Protection and Emergency Control”, Working Group C-6, IEEE PES, Power System Relaying Committee Final Report.
- C.L. DeMarco et al. “Control and Protection Paradigms of the Future”, Thrust Area 2 White Paper, Power Systems Engineering Research Center.
- Joachim Bertsch et al. “Wide Area Protection and Power System Utilization”, Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol.93, No.5, May 2005.