- Venkataraman Krishnaswamy and Garry Struggins. “Private investment in the power sector in surope and sentral Asia”, Lessons from case studies during 1990’s, W.B.ISBN 0-8213-5529-5.
- Anoop Singh. “Power sector reform in India: current issues and prospects”, Department of Industrial and Management Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, 1999.
- Devangshu Datta. “Power sector reform India’s biggest problem”, Business Standard, 2010.
- Venkataraman, Krishnaswamy and Gary Stuggins. “Private participation in the power sector in europe and central asia: lessons from the last decade”, 2003.
- Subhes C Bhattacharyya. “The Electricity act 2003”, Utilities Policy, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 260–272, 2003.
- Anoop Singh. “Policy environment and regulatory reforms for private and foreign investment in developing countries:a case of the Indian Power sector”, ADBI Publication No. 64, April 2007.
- Kelli L and Josepha. “The Politics of power: electricity reform in India”, Energy Policy, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 503–511, 2010.
- Jamie Carstairs and David Ehrhardt. “Financial structure in the Indian power sector”, Elsevier, 1995.
- Rafi q Dossani. “Reorganization of the power distribution sector in India”, Energy Policy, Vol. 32, No. 11, pp. 1277–1289, 2004.
- Rangthanathan V. “Electricity privatisation review”, Energy Policy, Vol. 24, September 1996.
- Woo P Y. “China’s electric power market: The rise and fall of IPPs”, Working Paper #45, Program on Energy and Sustainable Development, Center for Environmental Science and Policy, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 2005.
- Irwin T , Klein M , Perry G E and Thobani M. (eds.), “Dealing with public risk in private infrastructure”, World Bank, Washington, DC, 1997.
- Globerman, Steven and Shapiro, Daniel. “Global foreign direct investment flows: The role of governance infrastructure”, World Development, 2002.
- http://www.cea.nic.in. Last assessed on 29.02.2012.
- http://www.powermin.nic.in Last assessed on 01.03.2012.
- http://pesd.stanford.edu/research/electricity_reform/, Last assessed on 01.03.2012.
- Woodhouse, Erik J. “The IPP experience in the philippines”, Working Paper, 2005.
- http://www.ficci.com/SEDocument/20097/ FICCI FDI Survey Dec 2010.pdf
- Dailami, Monsoor and Klein, Michael. “Government support to private infrastructure projects in emerging markets”, in Irwin T, Klein M, Perry G E and Thobani M (eds).“Dealing with public risk in private infrastructure”, World Bank, Washington, DC, 1997.
- Estache, Antonio “Emerging infrastructure policy issues in developing countries: a survey of the recent economic literature”, Background Paper for the October 2004, Berlin meeting of the povnet Infrastructure Working Group, World Bank, Washington, DC, 2004.
- Globerman, Steven and Shapiro, Daniel. “Global foreign direct investment fl ows: The Role of Governance Infrastructure”, World Development, Vol. 30(11), pp. 1899–1919.
- Irwin T, Klein M, Perry G. E. and Thobani M. (eds.). “Dealing with public risk in private infrastructure”, World Bank, Washington, DC,1997.
- Kumar A, Gray R D, Hoshkote M, Klaudy S, and Ruster J. “Mobilizing domestic capital markets for infrastructure fi nancing-international experiences and lessons for china”, World Bank Working Discussion Paper #377, World Bank, Washington, DC, 1997.
- Blackman, Allen, Wu, and Xun. “Foreign direct investment in china’s powersector: trends, benefi ts and barriers”, Energy Policy, Vol. 27, pp. 695–711,1990.
- Estache, Antonio and Goicoechea, Ana. “How widespread were private investment and regulatory reform in infrastructure utilities during the 1990s?”, World Bank Policy Research Working Paper #3595, World Bank, Washington, DC, 2005.