The requirements of Instrument Transformers are given in standards IS16227-1, IEC 61869-1 and IEEE Std. C57.13.5. Indian Standard IS 16227-1 is in line with IEC 61869-1. Most of the utilities in India are the following IS: 16227-1/IEC 61869- 1. Many failures of the high voltage instrument transformers are being reported by the utilities. In this connection, a review of the requirements/test procedure and acceptance criteria specified by IEC 61869-1 and IEEE Std C57-13.5 for dielectric-type tests are reviewed in this paper which may help decision-making for adopting a particular standard for dielectric-type tests on instrument transformers considering Indian climatic conditions.
- IS 16227: Part-1: 2016/IEC 61869-1: 2007 Instrument transformers - Part 1: General requirements.
- IS 16227: Part-2: 2016/IEC 61869-2: 2012 Instrument transformers - Part 2: Additional requirements for current transformers; 2012
- IS 16227: Part-3: 2016/IEC 61869-3: 2011 Instrument transformers - Part 3: Additional requirements for inductive voltage transformers; 2011
- IS 16227: Part-5: 2016/IEC 61869-5: 2011 Instrument transformers - Part 5: Additional requirements for capacitor voltage transformers; 2011
- IEEE Std. C57.13-2016- IEEE Standard Requirements for Instrument Transformers; 2016
- IEEE Std. C57.13.5 IEEE Standard for Performance and test requirements for instrument transformers of a nominal system voltage of 115 kV and above.
- IEC 60060-1:2010 High-voltage test techniques - Part 1: General definitions and test requirements; 2010 8. IEEE Std. 4:2013 IEEE Standard for high-voltage testing techniques; 2013
- CISPR TR 18-2:2017 Radio interference characteristics of overhead power lines and high-voltage equipment - Part 2: Methods of measurement and procedure for determining limits; 2017
- NEMA 107-2016 Methods of measurement of Radio Influence Voltage (RIV) of High-Voltage Apparatus; 2016
- IEC 60270:2000+AMD1:2015 CSV. Consolidated version high-voltage test techniques- Partial discharge measurements; 2015